Monday, February 23, 2015

Chicken Pot Pie Casserole


Hey Everyone! I hope ya'll are well and warm!! It's snowy here in Arkansas but I know warmth is on it's way!! : )
I wanted to share this great recipe that I made tonight. It's super easy and delicious! I even included some pictures of my progress << I feel like a food blogger >>  This was a recipe I found on Pinterest so ya'll should check it out and start following me on there!

Ingredients for the sauce:
3 Tbsp butter
3 1/2 Tbsp flour
1 small onion
3/4 cup milk
1 cup chicken broth
salt to taste
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded cheese

Ingredients for filling:
3 lbs. potatoes, peeled and diced 
2 cups ham 
2 cups peas
1 cup shredded cheese

First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then over medium heat, melt butter in saucepan. Add onion, flour and cook for a few minutes. Pour in chicken broth and milk. Whisk it until it comes together and remove it from heat. Then sprinkle in cheese and put aside.


Secondly, place potatoes in a 9x13 greased pan.


Add your peas.


Add your ham or turkey lunch meat, in my case :)


Pour your onion mix on top.


Finally, add your shredded cheese!! Bake it for 45-50 minutes with foil on top.


Here's the end result && it got an A+ from the hubby! 


I hope ya'll enjoyed my blog & you try this recipe!!! 

xoxoxoxox necole <3 







No comments:

Post a Comment