Friday, January 23, 2015

Apple Braid Bread

Wow! It's been awhile since I've blogged but it feels great to be back! My hubby and baby girl are sleeping and I am having ME time! FINALLY! :) As I'm eating my midnight snack and watching my recorded 20/20, I am going to share this recipe with you because it is simply AmAzInG!! This is a Pinterest recipe and I think it was a success lol here's the link==>>http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2011/09/apple-braid-bread.html!

As I was reading this, I thought it would be hard to braid the bread but it was SO easy! Ya'll have to try it!

okay first step is the APPLE FILLING: Preheat oven to 350. Peel your 4 apples, slice apples very thin and then cut them in half


Put the apples in a 8x8 baking dish. In a seperate bowl, mix together 3 tbsp sugar, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 2 tsp lemon juice. Pour into baking dish with apples and get everything coated. Put in oven for 15 minutes.


While apples are baking, make the BREAD: Mix 2 1/2 cups bread flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp instant yeast, 3/4 tsp salt. Next mix 1 cup warm water and 2 1/4 tsp vegetable oil into the mix. Either use an electric mixer or a spoon and mix until its a soft dough. Knead it for a few minutes then roll it out on a surface that has been coated with cooking spray...Spray a rolling pin also. (THIS IS A GREAT TIP THAT I WILL USE FROM NOW ON!) Roll out the dough in a rectangular-ish shape LOL obviously mine isn't close to a rectangle but it works!! 


Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut strips on each side, leaving enough space in the middle for the apple mix. They don't have to be perfect, mine weren't and I'm okay with that! 


Now, put the apple mix in the middle.


Braid it girl, BRAID IT! It's fun and easy and fun!! lol Let it bake in the oven for 25 min or a little bit longer till its golden on top!


I didn't take a picture of me making the GLAZE ICING but it's just 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar, 5 tsp whipping cream, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pinch of kosher salt and pinch of nutmeg. Whisk together and pour on bread right after you take it out of the oven. Let it cool or dig in! AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE CALORIES! Life is too short ;)


So this was my slice.....second slice but who's counting!


Enjoy your weekend & hug your loved ones! 
xoxoxoxo necole

No comments:

Post a Comment